Work with Us
Casual Registered Nurse – Part Time
Within the context of a client and family centred care model and in accordance with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals standards of professional practice and Code of Ethics for registered nurses, and the established vision and values of the Urban Indigenous Health and Healing Cooperative, works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide both in house and outreach services to vulnerable/marginalized clients who are living with chronic conditions such as HIV, Hep C, COPD, and Diabetes and are challenged to take their medication effectively. We provide case management as well as daily, weekly and monthly administration of medications in a non-judgmental compassionate and culturally safe manner. Our program offers the support of Indigenous Elders sharing their wisdom, through cultural circles as well as one on one time.
Our program runs 7 days/week 365 days/year. We are able to offer some flexibility of start times within this position.
- Developing and maintaining therapeutic relationships based on trust.
- Administering medications using a monthly MAR
- Knowledge of chronic conditions such as HIV, Hep C COPD and Diabetes
- Ability to provide case management and patient education to those living with chronic conditions
- Ability to work and communicate well within an interdisciplinary team
- Knowledge of health and social service resources within the DTES of Vancouver
- Supervision of Peer workers
- Ability to do outreach members both in the community and at their residence
- Ability to practice within a trauma informed care framework
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing
- Two years experience in Community Health Nursing
- Experience working with marginalized individuals
- Experience working with Indigenous communities, preferably within Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside Community
Please forward your resume and cover letter to Michele Pearce at firstname.lastname@example.org